Friday, May 20, 2005

Yarn shopping

After a long silent from my blog, I am back now. I just came back from Hong Kong on last night with some lovely yarn in my luggage. Thanks a lot to my friend, Eva, who brought me to her favourite LYS, Cheer Wool for the lovely yarn. Apart from that, I did have a brief meet with Kimberli and Marjorie while I was having my yarn shopping with Eva.

Is it nice? It is
Puppy's Camargue in varigated purple, pastel blue and yellow. I am going to use this lovely yarn for one of the design from Let's Knit Series - 2005 Spring/Summer.

This is Sahara in my favourite light blue from Madil. As mentioned by Eva, since the yarn is made with 70% viscose and 30% linen, which mean it would be an ideal choice for warm-weather knits like Malaysia.

Eden by Madil is an Italian yarn made from 100% bamboo. The yarn is so soft to touch with. I bought some in peach and white, but I haven't decided what to knit with.

Apart from my HK yarn shopping, I received my Soho Summer from the Webs on this morning too. The shade is in blue, but the actual shade is darker than I saw from internet :( ... That the reason why we should invest on the shade card which will give us the exact colour of the shade.

Lastly, this is Miami in yummy light orange which I bought from LYS 2 weeks ago. As the conclusion, May is the month where I spent most on the knitting books, magazine and yarn. What's next? The next thing is, I need to have more FOs with all these lovely yarns, otherwise, I couldn't find a reason to buy more lovely yarns for my stash ;) ...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, such lovely yarn and the colors are beautiful, even the blue! I really have to go visit Cheer Wool; I keep hearing about it from non HKers!!! :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Yes, such pretty yarn. You'll really enjoy knitting them up.

8:14 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Yummy yummy yarns you've got there!! The colours of your Eden Madil remind me os Anna's Sally. Take a look here, www.autoscopia.com/amelia. Maybe it could give you some inspiration. Oh, and I love Miami too ;)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It's so tempting your new yarn collection! I am so curious about this bamboo yarn. Does it feel like cotton?

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a stash! you must come to our group meetup next time you're here in HK!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

great stash there. I'm drooling already. :)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home