Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Back to zero

I cried without tear :( ... So careless, I didn't realize I make an extra YO on the love pattern of my baby dress. It's a silly and stupid mistake, and partly was due to my lack of concentration ... With no choice, I tried to undo it row by row, but at the end of one hour, only 3 rows was done ... then I gave up. I pulled it off from the needle, and now everything is back to zero. Luckily it was only 20 rows of knits, otherwise I won't pulled it off from the needle. Sounds like I am an impatient person :)) ... Tonight I will cast on the front of baby dress again, with no more silly mistake is allowed, otherwise, by the time I completed the project, the dress might be too small to fit the little girl (as you all know, baby below 24 months will grow fast).
After that mistake, I make an excuse for myself by taking a break from knitting. Then, I spent the rest of my night on wrapping and browsing through the knitting magazines. For the moment, I am in the process of looking for a right pattern for my 100% bamboo yarn. Can't wait to start a new project with this lovely soft bamboo yarn, and, hopefully the knits will turn out nicely or positively.
Happy knitting!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I made similar mistakes very often too. Sometimes it is better to do it all again coz you will make it much better than before.

8:35 AM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Yes, I do this kind of thing all the time too. :) I'm also very good at reading patterns wrongly, and having to undo. What a good idea to wrap the knitting magazines!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh you had one of those days! I do mistakes all the time. But just like Eva said,next time will be better!
I used to wrap my magazines too, but now I have so many that I got lazy!
I want to try this bamboo yarn too!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I do have a habit to wrap all my books and magazines. I don't like to see my magazines and books in bad condition, if so, I will feel less interested on reading it :D ... that why I rather buy the book for my own collection instead of borrow from library. What a strange and wasting habit.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

ouch! sorry to hear. Happens to us all. In fact, after my Kiri, I had to go through the same with my cables. Hey where did you get the bamboo yarn? Glad to see you up and active again after going MIA..:P

11:07 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

So not fun but sounds like you're ready for a fresh start. How about using a lifeline?

8:21 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Part of knitting that most of us have went through ;) Have fun with your bamboo yarn, I heard that they are really soft.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky girl, got chance to try on 100% bamboo yarn.
Heard that it's not cheap.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home