Sunday, June 12, 2005

Little to go

At last, the simple baby dress is almost done. The neck, armholes and bottom edge are required some crochet work to complete the whole project. I tried on the crocheting, but the result didn't turn out nicely, therefore, I am thinking to ask the help from the LYS. Besides that, I bought some "little rose" to enhance the outlook of the dress, I will sew it up when the edge-band is ready. Hopefully I can post the picture of the complete project by next week, by then, it would be the time to deliver the dress to the little girl. Overall, I am not too happy with this project, it is due to the problem on uneven stitches, therefore, I give the project only 70 marks :( ...
How to maintain the even stitches of the knits? Any expert knitters out there can give me some tips on it?

Baby dress without decorative work

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The little dress looks nice. I think you can wash it once to make the sts more even, Usually, cotton yarn has uneven sts problem.

The yarn Siow Chin sent you is good one ! I have 2 sweater using this yarn. The linen/ cotton fibre is very food for hot summer wear.

11:13 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Yes, washing or blocking to even out the stitches. It looks so cute. Looking forward to seeing your new yarns being knit up.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

The baby dress is very pretty and you should be happy with it. I can't tell the uneven sts ( I enlarged the picture). I think after washing, it will smmoth out more. Not to worry!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just LOVE this baby dress!!! You have done a wonderful job! Could you share where I can get the pattern? Yarn used??? Thanks....

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again...you may not like this project, but I just love it! I want to make one too..thanks for the design info. Is the pattern book available on the web? Where? I live in the US so I would need to order it online! (English version???)(probably not!!!) Keep up the great work..especially color choice!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

To anonymous,
Great to know you love the dress. I don't have this pattern book, I just photocopied the pattern instruction from the LYS.
The pattern book is written in Japanese, and, all the patterns' instruction are in chart and diagram format. Since you are so interested with this dress and the pattern book, I will try to find out the ISBN for you. Just be patient for a while :o)
Lastly, how should I address you? Do you mind to disclose your name? It is not nice to call you "anonymous" :D

Happy day and happy knitting.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home