Sunday, July 17, 2005

S.O.S. for Cable !!!

After a long off from knitting, and I am back for a new project, a sleeveless vest with simple cable pattern. This is my first ever experience on cable knitting, therefore, I am not sure whether I did it right or not, because the cable turned out badly. Although I pulled the yarn as tight as possible, but, the stitches still turn out loosely, also, the purl stitches within the cable block turned out looser than those purl stitches outside the cable block. At first, I thought I have a loose tension eventually caused the cable block knit up loose and unevenly, if so, how come it doesn't give me any problem on the st st outside the cable block??? Besides that, I realised the last knit stitch before the cable block is uneven and looser than other knit stitches, what have been done wrongly by me? Any tip to overcome this problem? Can someone tell me what is going wrong with my cable knitting? Anything I need to pay extra extention when doing the cable knitting?
Cable vest - Day 1

6 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

At a glance, your cables look fine to me. I imagine much of the unevenness will disappear with a good wet-blocking. I usually have the lines of stitches on either side of the cable look a bit loose and holey but it evens itself out. Tips: use a cable needle (I use a spare dbl point) and knit the first and last stitches of the cable repeat more tightly than normal.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is nothing wrong withe the cables. It looks nice ! Good ahead with confidence !

11:46 AM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

Hi, dun worry bout it too much. I also have the same problem with my Green Tea. I was told it'll work itself out after blocking. :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

I don't see any problem with your cables, really. I love that colour!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks a lot for the advices, and to confirm I didn't do anything wrong on the cables ;) ... now, the project is progressing well with 35% of the front is completed.
Happy knitting.

12:18 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Michelle, I have a question for you. Since I couldn't find your email address, I just thought I'd post it here. You got some Madil bamboo yarn, right? I'm planning to get some too, just curious about how the yarn feels.
Thanks ;)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home